Aadhaar Card is a 12-digit unique identification number that can be obtained by residents of India, based on their biometric and demographic data.
The data is collected by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), a statutory authority established in January 2009 by the government of India, under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, following the provisions of the Aadhaar Act, in 2016.
Basic Details of Aadhaar Card
The demographic details that are available on the Aadhaar card are as below:
- Date of Birth
- Aadhaar Number
- Address of Residence
How to Update Aadhaar Card Details
As per UIDAI website, there are two ways to update or correct your address on your Aadhaar card:
- You can update it online
- Visit an enrollment center
What are the Supporting Documents for Aadhaar Card
Below is the list of supporting documents to update your Aadhaar Card address from current one to other.
- PAN Card
- Voter Identification Card
- Driving Licence
- Freedom fighter Photo Card or Photo card of Pensioner
- Photo Card issued by Recognised Educational Institution
- Photo Credit Card
- Photo Bank ATM Card
- Arms Licence
- Photo Bank Passbook
- Legally approved Certificate
- Registered Agreement of Sale, rent or lease of the applicant’s residential address
- Last 3 months bill of Gas connection
- Spouse’s Passport
- Marriage Certificate issued by the marriage Registrar
- Residence Address Proof along with Name and Photo originally issued by the Department of Posts
- Handicapped medical certificate or a disability Identification card.
- Water Bill which is not more than 3 months old/Electricity / Telephone bill for 3 months
- Ration Card
- Insurance Policy
How to change your address on Aadhaar card online
Step 1. Visit Aadhaar’s Self Service Update Portal (SSUP)
Step 2. Click on the “Proceed button” after reading the instructions carefully.
Step 3. Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number.
Step 4. Enter the captcha code and click on Send OTP or Enter TOTP button to verify your Aadhaar Number.
Step 5. You will receive the OTP on your registered mobile number with UIDAI’s database.
Step 6. Enter this OTP to login into your Aadhaar account to change address and follow the instruction given in the Aadhar Card Address Change Form.